Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free People of Rubi-Ka how long will you stay silent?

Free People of Rubi-Ka how long will you stay silent?

From the desk of General Anisha ”Trisagiona” Kenley of the Desert Winds.

A lesson in history:
    July 24 29206 the famous miner rebellion occurred after years of poor working condition and suppression of basic human rights. It was a just rebellion and one that we as Free People should never forget and always be thankful for. We should honour those first Clans that had the courage to fight the Corporation, so much larger than themselves. It is because of them that we as Free People can live and work on this planet, without having to listen to the endless propaganda in the streets of Omni-1.

A lesson in reality:
    The year is 29477 and the war is still on… or is it? We’ve still got Omni-Tek as the huge corporation that wants to mine Rubi-Ka for profit, and we’ve still got Clans that wants Rubi-Ka for… yes what do the Clans want Rubi-Ka for anyway? They started the war with the goal of a free, independent Rubi-ka didn’t they? To get rid of the power hungry Omni-Tek and make Rubi-Ka their home… So what went wrong? The clans are divided, they quarrel about ideologies, who’s got the right to rule them and who’s got the right to blast the Free People to high heavens. Omni-Tek needs only to sit back and enjoy the show, maybe throw in a few witty comments from time to time, while they make money from what the Clanners now turn their attention towards… Notum.

Isn’t it ironic that in a way the Clans have returned to the fold of Omni-Tek as the miners they once started out as? It is a well known fact that Omni-Tek is the only one that has the right to refine notum and sell it off world. I remember one Clanner telling me that “If you help Omni-Tek in any way, either by a war effort or financially you’re as good as an Omni yourself!” Oh my, oh my.

Another sad fact about the Clans is that most of them have turned into common thugs and criminals. Killing the Free People at whim.. sometimes accompanied with shouts like “If you’re not with us you’re against us”. Only ignorant, uneducated fools utter nonsense like that.

My point:
    The clans have failed! The clans are no more an option for Rubi-Ka! The clans are now turning into the oppressors they once sought to destroy! They stared at the monster and became one themselves. Instead of one tyrant, we’ve got two! Free People of Rubi-Ka.. how long will you stay silent? How long will you accept the crimes of the ones that were supposed to protect you? For how long?

Rise Free People, Rise up and defend yourself. Stand proudly and shout “We will not stay silent anymore! We will not be slaughtered at whim anymore! We will not live under the yoke of tyrants any more! We want a Free Rubi-Ka, with its own government, we want peace for all! These are our demands and we will fight to the last drop of blood to make it so!”

Free People, join with the Desert Winds and fight for a Free Rubi-Ka where people that breaks the law gets prosecuted, where nature and life in all its aspects gets the respect it deserves. Join with us in our struggle against the double tyranny that keeps us down… they used to call us Neutral, neutral in their war perhaps, but not neutral to our own lives. I take that life in my own hands and I call unto you to do the same.

Free Rubi-Ka!
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

I'm so sick of hearing people whine about Clanners are bad and all this. Yesterday I left my guild, and went to IR's base to fight against Apocalypse. I have fought against the Sentinels, and I have fought against those (PLAYER GUILDS) Clans that attack the Neutrals. What the FOOK ELSE DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS??? I'm done. I'm done with everything. I have had enough. I give and give until I have nothing left. And I get this in return. My council is still available for those who need or want it. But I am tired of fighting for those who refuse to help me.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Re: Free People of Rubi-Ka how long will you stay silent?

Originally posted by Trisagiona
    Omni-Tek as the huge corporation that wants to mine Rubi-Ka for profit, and we’ve still got Clans that wants Rubi-Ka for… yes what do the Clans want Rubi-Ka for anyway?
    I'd venture to guess the Clans want to mine Rubi-Ka for profit too. Read the old, pre-Omega text "Animal Farm" for a classic example of what happens after a successful rebellion. Happens all the time.

And Ben, do you really think people judge the clans by your actions alone? Is OT judged solely by Savoy's actions?

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Feb 19th, 2003 at 14:48:33.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Well, we're pretty sick of being lumped into one big pile, as been debated over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........

((seriously, NW has brought us nothing but bad blood all over the place, I detest that extension.))
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

blah blah blah, I'm sick of it. I dont care.

Trisagiona ..

We clanners are fighting the tyranny who oppress both neutrals and clans alike. The omni have said there can be no peace until we lay down our weapons, accept Omni as ruler and go back to the mining wich slowly kills the very planet we live on.

We fight it while you neuts do nothing.

I'm starting to sound like an earlier post, but also .. We clanners are free. We are not governed by a single set of laws, a single clan, some document. What makes us clanners is that we stand up to the opressors. Some clanners may be more extremist than others, some are not. Some are against neuts .. I think they have a right to be neutral if they want to.

However, we will not stop fighting, and if the battle comes into neutral lands, it won't stop there. As neutral, you can shout for peace, but really, you have to understand that most clanners won't be in favour for peace under those terms placed by Omnitek.

Clan terms for peace may vary. As said, we have no one single rule, no one single leader. We just have one common cause, and that's freedom.

Your freedom as well.

By the way ..
    Free People, join with the Desert Winds and fight for a Free Rubi-Ka where people that breaks the law gets prosecuted, where nature and life in all its aspects gets the respect it deserves. Join with us in our struggle against the double tyranny that keeps us down… they used to call us Neutral, neutral in their war perhaps, but not neutral to our own lives. I take that life in my own hands and I call unto you to do the same.
    Yes, when you've fought and killed us clanners ..
    Well, then you only have one tyrant to go. Then you can take our houses in Tir and Athens and so on, take up arms and fight the omnitek. Then, when you've defeated them, you're free of the tyrants. Then you can make your utopia .. Just hope noone objects with it.

Good gods ..

As for clanner notum mining, I haven't heard of it. If clanners start notum mining .. Well, I don't think they'd be very much in favour in the clans. I'd pull'em to the arena and smack'em over the head with a baseball bat.

Originally posted by Foul Ole Ron

We fight it while you neuts do nothing.
    That's the point I'm trying to raise... you don't.. you're too busy mining to do any real fighting...
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Originally posted by Foul Ole Ron
    As for clanner notum mining, I haven't heard of it. If clanners start notum mining .. Well, I don't think they'd be very much in favour in the clans. I'd pull'em to the arena and smack'em over the head with a baseball bat.
    Most Clan guilds have mines.

We wasn't supposed to attack IR, but a fly was sitting on top of the mine, the SAME fly that landed in Umber's pie, so we didn't have much choice, an evil fly like that can't live!
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

None of these arguments are about protecting Rubi-Ka, or elevating the human condition, or liberating any people from anything.

The reason so many people keep arguing and fighting is because their real goals are to replace the existing Powers That Be... with themselves. These fights and arguments aren't about freedom, but rather, about rearranging the slavedrivers.

Omni-Tek says, "You must be one of us or you will be shot! You're all tresspassing!"

The Clans say, "Omni-Tek is evil! Replace Omni-Tek with us!"

Then the Neutrals say, "The Clans and Omni-Tek are both evil! Replace the Clans and Omni-Tek with us!"

Fixerben - no offense, sir - says, "The Sentinels are evil! Replace the Sentinels with me!"

A chorus of other voices chime in, "No, with me! No, me! No no no, me!"

Everyone at once: "I am the one who knows what's best for us all! Do what I say, follow me, for I am Right!"

Is it any wonder that nobody can agree and move forward?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Fixerben - no offense, sir - says, "The Sentinels are evil! Replace the Sentinels with me!"
    FOR F***S SAKE I WANTED TO REPLACE THE SENTINELS WITH A DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT!!!! I never said I had to be any kind of leader. I just think everyone would be better off under a Democratic government. I didnt fight for self glorification. I fought to HELP THE PEOPLE! In a Democracy the Leader is elected. Not appointed. I wouldnt dare appoint myself, or it is not a Democracy.

However you will no longer hear me spout about Democracy and Freedom. I can see that it is obviously not wanted on this planet, as so many are unwilling to compromise to see it happen.

I'm done with this. Done with people misunderstanding me, and critisizing me. Goodbye.

"The Squishys have failed..."

Which is Exactly why the Council of Atroxes must take control!
    General of Apocaylpse

--The Council of Atroxes--
    Power to the Atrox!

OOC : Doh, gotta get notum wars ..

IC :
    In any case, if you want to struggle against both omni and clan, you could change the name to something fitting like ..
    "Nihilist Assault Group" for example.

Anyways, let's say I stroll down Tir. I don't mind neutrals, I don't like the Sentinels, but I do mind Omnitek for reasons mentioned earlier. Then you can come and start firing your guns at me ..

And I could shout "Tyrants! Tyrants! First the omni, now the Desert Winds!"

You've got to see that things are not as black and white as you make it. The clans are a diverse lot.

A soft chuckle as the gridfeed of this scrolls rapidly across the screen, eyes flickering over it just as fast, a shake of a head and a soft muttering

"Wonder why we never did put Tris in our PR department..not.."

Fingers crack a little as Serraglio bends forwards and starts typing his response, fingers moving so fast that the rapport of the keys almost sound like one long continious sound.

"The Desert Winds do not wish to opress all clans and omni tek, and in no way do we wish to apoint ourselves dictators ofthe planet. I agree withyou Fixerben, as do probably most people in Desert Winds. We want a democratic government..though one where all factions left on the planet at the timeare equally represented. If Anyone tries to read into my words that that means everyone but our people will be kicked off the planet at that time, you are wrong.
    I don't want clans to stay, hell, I don't even want the omni-Tek Employees to have to leave, though the company itself must go I fear, and I have good reason to hate both of you, Omni-Tek and clans alike.

Savoy, I congratulate you on having been able to procure a copy of that completely anicent text. I have however also done so in the past and congratulate you on your insight. That is what happens after a sucesful rebellionm most of the time, and is what will happen if the clans take power. Bear with me before you start charging your verbal cannons there clanners, or your slogans of agreement Omnis..
    The reason I say this is..Who are the strongest clans? The most militant ones. Who will in time drift to the top of the pyramid of power? The strongest ones, because they will want that power, and I can easily see some of them, The Sentinels for one, turn upon the more peaceful clans to get that power. Think about it...There is an old earth saying "might makes right" and some of the clans live by that saying.

Now I hear you saying, what is different about you?.Easy.. We do not want the power.
    I for one can not abhorr the thought of being made into some desk-riding politician in a future government..or a general under a military dictator, no offence Naxilite hehe.
    We want to change something, we might even want a word in how to set it up afterwaards, but after all is in place in a way we can agree with, that is a free, democratic, environmentally sound governement, fair to all, we will simply step down and fade away.. most of us probably with a relieved sigh..

Jynne, as I said, we do not want to oust the clans and Omni-tek and replace them with us..we want to oust them and have them replaced by a free democratic government with the wellbeing of ALL life (yes life, not just the homo breeds) in the forefront. Maybe some neutrals would like to do what you say, though I doubt any of them are of any size..
    Circle G and the Elite Operations are mercenaries..mercenaries as a rule, do not wish to be rulers.., though ask them yourself. The independant Rubikans.." A chuckle interupots the sound of the typing "Ask Yarko yourself if he thinks that he can unify all of them into a working government..or if he even wants to. I am not sure, but I think you have a fair chance of seeing him run away at the thought.

Synopsis.. Omni-Tek is omni-tek, unchanged in any way. The Clans.. While there are still those among them that do follow the original ideology behind them, Like Fixerben here in this thread, many of the clans, especially the stronger ones, have lost view of that and seek to set themselves up in power for the sake of that power, opressing everyone that do not agree with them. Unfortunately, because of their strength..they are most probably the ones who will end up in power, if the clans oust omni-tek. That would lead to a huge bloodbath, a civil war more bloody than anything so far as clans turn on clans, then in the end..a new dictatorship on Rubi-ka..

I will not comment on Omni-Tek, we all know very well what their victory would mean.
    So I ask you, why should we make a choice between the devil we know and the other devil we realise? Why not take the third choice?
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

The Desert Winds do not wish to opress all clans and omni tek, and in no way do we wish to apoint ourselves dictators ofthe planet. I agree withyou Fixerben, as do probably most people in Desert Winds. We want a democratic government..though one where all factions left on the planet at the timeare equally represented.
    Do you have no clue what I have been doing??? The RMC was an interfactional organization. It was to be run as a Democracy. Hence it was a democracy that was established for ALL factions. This is exactly what I have given up. Peoplease dont listen. They misinterpret. They twist what I say. I'm tired of it.

Imposing freedom and democracy on people who don't want freedom and democracy is self-defeating.

There's a difference between freeing people by force, and forcing people to be free. The first is doable, and betimes, even noble. The second is a contradiction.

No matter how noble your intentions, understand first that people can never be coerced to freedom.

It cannot be presupposed that the people of Rubi-Ka want to be governed at all, by any central authority, however enlightened that government or authority may be. And it cannot be presupposed that any government people would want, would be a liberal, democratic one.

Liberation, Freedom, Democracy - these are powerful words, words that stir passion in the heart. This places a burden on the would-be liberators of Rubi-Ka, to choose their words carefully, and to temper their passion with wisdom, their enthusiasm with patience, and their power with caution.

Elsewise, their failure will come from themselves. Elsewise, they become the tyrants they oppose.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

OOC : Anyways, you've managed to make an interesting concept for a neutral guild. I can't say I hope for your success, but I hope you'll have lots of fun ..

Re: Free People of Rubi-Ka how long will you stay silent?

Originally posted by Trisagiona
    Omni-Tek needs only to sit back and enjoy the show, maybe throw in a few witty comments from time to time
    Nevver munches on a juicy Bronto Burger.
    Would anyone care for some fries?
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Serraglio

I will not comment on Omni-Tek, we all know very well what their victory would mean.
    Except of course, Omni-Tek have no interest in a 'victory'. OT's game plan is simple: containment. They have less than 25 year left on their lease, and more notum in the south than they could possibly mine in that timeframe; they just want to be left alone so that the can make the most of the time left. That was really what the Amensty was all about.

OT doesn't need military vicitories or glory. They have no honour to salvage, no need for revenge. It's just business. They just need to hang in here another 20 odd years and basically hope no one will rock the boat too much. After that Rubi-Ka and the clans will become the proverbial "somebody else's problem."
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast