Thread: Severe offense against Neutrals

Exclamation Severe offense against Neutrals

As a true Neutral citizen of Rubi-Ka I want to defend against the offense commited by Terrorizer. Within his article Dust Brigade Commandos Attack OT Facilities he states the following:

... a neutrally aligned masked person. ..., but she opened fire and started screaming: "Dust to Dust".

Without the intention to blame Terrorizer, this cannot be. Due to legal restrictions (ICC) and permanent biomechanical neural control, no true neutral person living on this planet is able to open fire on another inhabitant!
    This has to be made clear to all those, that want to implicate a relation of the terrorists from the 'Dust Brigade' with the neutral population.
    I even would go so far to postulate, that this group of rabid creatures possesses some device or ability to mask their true affiliation, whatever this might be.

Regards,

Maximilian - neutral, independant, Rubi-Ka'n
    100% curious

Identity known!

Mr. Terrorizer had his facts mixed; those were clanners behind the attacks! The same bunch attacked Newland City (as I related in my account on this board) and they were most definitely clan.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

No, they where Clan and Neutral, Omni ones where not sighted ...at least not by my contacts.

Umm, understand that the dust brigade boys are NPC's, controlled by GMs/ARKS, not 'players'. So they can attack anywhere. The field only stops 'AI' npc's from attacking in 100%

Its utterly stupid really...neutral by definition is not manic run around the planet killing spree nut. If they wanted them not to be Clan, then why not just make their affiliation "Duster".
    I do have to wonder though as this whole thing with these so called "neutrals" slaughtering all the people at the Tir grid exit. I feel kinda left with the question was this intentional to make the whole planet hate the neuts or what? as it sure seems it.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Question Proofs

If your statement is true - which I still can't believe - Cloudeh, please give us some names and/or descriptions, that the neutral community can 'solve' this problem. I am pretty much sure, that most, if not all of us (Neutrals) don't like the idea to be mentioned together with the 'Dust Brigade' and would like to get rid of such bad elements, that obviously abuse Neutrality.

/OOC:
    -> Tiran: I am pretty convinced, that these incidents are 'played' by GMs/ARKs, therefore the standard rules are most probabely not valid.
    BUT (!!!) I think and really hope that they forgot to cover themselves or did this not by purpose. Because this went into the story board on the official web site -> all can read: 'Dust Brigade' and Neutral ... . Can you imagine the consequences for the Neutrals - I can, because I played neutral from the beginning.
    This is close to a legitimation for both factions to kill Neutrals on sight. We had/have a hard time as it is - which is ok, because we knew it. But if they want to get rid of the higher level Neutrals or force them to choose a side - this was a rather dirty move.
    If it belonges to the story plot, well, I don't like it either. It means, we are 'angeschissen' (could translate, but won't), because we can't defend ourselves against it.
    -> Cosmik: If that is : 'Neutrals will get involved more into the story' - thanks for the great idea. Give that story writer an extra kick from me!
    Either it was a bad move or it was an even worse mistake.
    This is the reason I started this 'in story' thread.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

You know the funny thing? My Neutral organization is not against Clan or Omni (not for them either). But the one group we do Hate is the Dust Brigade. They're stirring up the pot and making life hell for a lot of people.

So you got a Neutral organization vehemently despising what is presented as another Neutral organization.

/ooc
    If Home guards can have Faction 'Home' that tolerates Clan and Neutral, why can't Dusters have Faction Duster that tolerates _nobody_. Seems more fitting than the current situation.

OOC: Um, Home is clan affiliated in a 100% zone as far as I know.

I just think its silly to keep thinking of "neutral" as this big monolithic 3rd block next to clan and omni. A person is neutral if they aren't picking either side, and THAT doesn't mean that they automatically pick a third side with a host of seperate political agendas and biases. People are neutral for LOTS of different reasons.

Canary was neutral at the beginning of the game for a fair period of time, mainly for story reasons of her background in Borealis, but at no time did I consider her part of some "neutral faction."

What, do you want the con to read "neutral, as defined in the dictionary as being unaffiliated with either side in a conflict"

Maybe they should con as duster, but I'm really getting sick of people trying to make a plot point out of this.

OOC_Okay here we go, pictures you want, pictures you will get _OOC

Re: Severe offense against Neutrals

Originally posted by Maximilian
    ... a neutrally aligned masked person. ..., but she opened fire and started screaming: "Dust to Dust".
    I see the problem here. It's the "neutrally aligned" quote. There's no such thing, really. Bear in mind that everything in this game (...and it also carries over to the real world...) that doesn't have an alignment is un-aligned, and therefore neutral.

As a neutral, I'm pretty sure I didn't send hordes of Dust Brigades on the cities of Rubi-Ka. I'm also fairly certain that all those neutral aligned Blood Stealers in Lush Fields aren't my minions, as well.

They're just another group that does not belong to Omni or the Clans and have nothing to do with me...

Provisioner, a Neutral

Red face Ahhh, ... well

Thanks Cloudeh.

This picture shows valuable information about the recent ambushes. As I have to confess, they indeed do not belong to any of the two (major) factions and are indeed 'neutrally aligned'.
    This severly injures my picture of law and order, but I assure you all the help I can give you to fight against this threat.
    This is not my picture of neutrality and these terrorists endanger the stability of our whole planet.

Sincerly Max(imilian)

/OOC
    My major concern is their level ... . I hope, this picture is not from your main char 'Cloudeh' (level 122), because the color code is deep red. Anyway, I am rather interested in the progress of events and as it turns out to be - the story is for a minority of players and the majority seems not too interested in it .
    100% curious

OOC- This is the day I helped my friend make a char on rukbi-ka 2.
    And even at level 120 they are deep red.

Its all wierd, neutral is by definition to not take a side between whatever, in this case Omni and the Clans. In reality we all know this is hard as we tend to get friends in one or the other, or even both. So our neutrality is slightly stained. Yet the Mr Sheen Brigade (the dusters) are most certainly not neut. They are they true opposite of a neut. There alignment, if not Clan, Duster, would be best described as Anarchist. So FC, why not mark there alignment as such?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Cool Thin border

Nice idea, Nyadach, but some might argue, that Clans are close to, if not the same as 'Anarchy'. I would guess, mostly Omni will see it this way.
    I found, that a enjoyable high number of people do not use the fake argument for meaningless attacks (at my level 66). I couldn't, so far, recognize a major difference in treatment by faction folks, besides NPCs of course. Even 4 Holes is mostly save, well, as save as it could be.

Nevertheless I don't like the fact, that Dusters are stated 'neutral'. This will give our status (and it is one, don't even start arguing, check the recent addings to the time line) a bad reputation.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

I don't like saying this, but technically the dusties are clan... If you con them, you'll see the alignment: Clan...

I tried it before I got slaughtered by one at the Reet Retreat...

Now this doesn't mean the clans support them. Personally I know of only one clan which supports them fully, while a few more doesn't care, as long as they're mainly attacking OT... Almost all clans despise the Dust Brigade, and will kill them on sight.

However, a word of warning. They don't really obey the normal fighting rules... They can attack and fight in 100% suppression areas such as inside the RR, or in backyards, so even if they were neutral,s they'd probably still be able to attack both OT and clanners.

Ignoring Suppression Gas

You notice them gas masks they wear. Wonder what that's for? Nice to see a little consistency.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    I had just thought they were Darth wannabees Besides, I don't know if gas-masks are really needed to nullify the surpression field. The stranger didn't need one for instance.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

gasmasks

they're also for survival in the outlands I believe. and sorry Dusters conn Neutral. If nothing else proves it I got exp for (helping) kill one.

And also if they made neutral a 'faction' instead of a 'state of being' it was a bad, and nonsensical piece of pandering on Funcoms part. 'cause nothing in the idea or design of the game says they should be that...

Of course thats just my opinion.

Re: gasmasks

Originally posted by Windie
    And also if they made neutral a 'faction' instead of a 'state of being' it was a bad, and nonsensical piece of pandering on Funcoms part. 'cause nothing in the idea or design of the game says they should be that...

Of course thats just my opinion.
    Its simple, if FC didn't want us than all they needed to do is have Clan and OT, no neut but oh no THEY made us, and we are here so they can live with the decision they made and lump it....we're here now!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!