Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: In Progress - Early 13.2 Build Notes

I'm a level 25 MA. I know. I'm a newbie. But I do know this game is going on 6 months old now. Why is it that as an MA who wields weapons that I must stay on top of my character and remove them everytime I zone? Why is it that I must keep my nanos from running out while wielding my weapon? Why is it that if I level, I can not use ma MA? (While holding weapons. Actually, I removed them for level 25 and rewielded them. Oh look. I can't use MA all of a sudden.) Is this intentional? Because it's hard to believe that this hasn't been fixed after 5+ months of game time. Or perhaps this is a new problem? If it's intentional, it's lame. If it is a bug, please fix it. Or get started on fixing it. I suppose I could not use a weapon, but if that's what you really want, just remove all the weapon specialties from my skill menu. And I promise I won't use weapons. =)

On the pvp situation. Again, I'm only level 25 with pretty limited exp, but it seems funny how even with 50% damage reduction I can be killed before my computer loads me into 2ho for instance. From reading the above posts it seems the major protest is that the zoner gets the attack inititive. What these people are ignoring is that this is only a problem if you're camping the grid/whompa/zone or whatever. Solution: Don't camp and you have nothing to cry about. Or at least cry about the right thing, namely that camping becomes a little harder. As for 'innocent' bystanders being attacked, after reading the build notes you should know enough not to loiter around the grid/whompa/zone if you don't want to get attacked. So they have nothing really to whine about either.

I'll just finish this note by restating that I would love to see martial artists (and I'm assuming anyone who uses ma + weapon) get their weapon fix. If it is indeed a bug and not intentional. And maybe in the future, add a keyboard command for looting. =)

This 15 second invulnerability thing really sounds like the death of PvP to me.

Yes, PvP is pretty lame right now, but even some lame PvP is better than no PvP. Instead of standing around in 2ho looking for people they can kill and in the process making themselves available PvP targets, everyone will stand in the grid or in the shop and keep zoning out for short periods of time to try to find someone to kill with a quick strike. They wont find anyone because everyone else will be doing the same. It'll be a stalemate and nobody will end up fighting. How boring.

Red face Hilarious

Originally posted by starknaked
    Yeah, good idea, just stay away from the grid and whompa.

OOPS! HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET BACK OUT OF 2HOLES IF YOU CAN'T GET NEAR THE GRID OR WHOMPA ENTRANCE?

Guess none of you idiots thought of that.
    What kills me about all of this PvP whining is... well a few things.

Starknaked, don't fret too much, you can still do your shop camping routing w/ FP: Soldier running and hideout in your shop waiting for AS to return... this won't change that "technique" for PvP. And, if you really wanna get down to it, that is the crap that has killed PvP... not the new rule changes.

As for the 15 second timer allowing for people to initiate attack... hell I'm all for this. Before now, it was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to grid in large response teams to situations like 2HO (piece of crap place anyhow) being "owned" by clanners or Omni. Now, you can actually give your team a chance to enter and fight together... not just get slaughtered one by one as you enter the zone by the ever-popular grid camper. Yay! Score one for the possible use of tactics!

Also, the timer is a must now that vehicles have a nice 10 second delay to load them. So many of us just passing through 25% zones on the way to missions, trying to live some semblance of a "normal" life on RK have a chance to keep playing and not spend our precious time staring at the reclaim. This gives people a chance to decide whether they want to PvP or not... which I fully support.

And... for those of you that haven't noticed... alpha strike isn't as important as it used to be since you can't one shot kill people anymore. Learn to live with it... it's a good thing and finally makes PvP more viable for those that haven't spent days at a time twinking some alt just for PvP.

Angry What about the Agents ?!?!

Well, did Funcom correct Conceal ?? Cloaking devices??

And I'm surprised you guys didn't nerf agents for once :P

How about some agent love and stop making MPs GODs !

Thanks.

Angry Soldier life at AO!

Any plans to do something special for the soldier in the future? Seems like the other prof. get all the upgrades on stuff....and the soldier life is getting worse...!

bows

i still see nothing will b done about bows , what a shame.

Soldier life!

It would be nice with a AO-answer :-) I agree on that. I know all the proffesions would like to get some updates, but the soldier hav not recive any major updates that I am aware of. Except all the general updates.

Fix NT dots!

They currently heal mobs.

Originally posted by donutgod
    FIX CONCEALMENT PLEASE!
    I know a level 81 agent sneaking though ql200 missions.

Hit caps lock, chill, and learn how to use concealment. It's NOT an invisibility skill.

Conceal IS NOT working

So please stop saying it is. I wonder what the name of your friend who is doing lev 200 missions and is getting by on conceal. This sounds more like a lie made up by some crack who either doesn't know what he/she is talking about or is just into blaming Agents for whatever problem they might be having. Do everyone a favor and read the Agent forums and mind your own professions business until you have some personal experience to share that might sound more.

Am I whining to much?

Re: Conceal IS NOT working

Originally posted by thegorum
    Am I whining to much?
    Yes, but that seems to be the agent way... :P

crat changes

I'm glad to see the Bureaucrat changes. It's nice to see Funcom listening to (some of) the concerns from the crat Top 10.

There is still one thing I was hoping for that didn't make it: adding more intermediate nanos for charm/DDs. I've been using the same DD since around level 25 (I'm 43 now).

One thing I was hoping to see a mention of: pet pathing. One of the recent patches had a note "Fixed pet pathing." Ever since that patch, my pet gets lost ALL THE TIME in missions...he never did before. He gets stuck on railroad ties, protruding rocks, and ESPECIALLY those rooms that are filled with water that have little ledges around the door. Those are a recipe for instant /pet terminate.

Thanks again for helping the crats! It makes me sad that people tell me I'm the highest level crat they've seen....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678