Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: In Progress - Early 13.2 Build Notes

relax fixers

its ok, ive just been over to norway and spoken to the devs, after hearing my fixer woes, they have come up with the following fix:

"In order to give the fixer some uniqness, we have elected to expand the Summon line of nanos, starting with "summon lockpick" then moving onto "summon trap disarmament tool" finally adding "summon doorhandle" by a week before the end of the game.

Summon that useless **** baby!"

or was that a dream?

Im gonna go start a crat.

Re: relax fixers

"In order to give the fixer some uniqness, we have elected to expand the Summon line of nanos, starting with "summon lockpick" then moving onto "summon trap disarmament tool" finally adding "summon doorhandle" by a week before the end of the game.

Summon that useless **** baby!"

Yeah! Summon lightbulb too! And summon pebble! And summon credits? (but you have to pay 10 credits per credit summoned! Now THAT would be useful!)

geez.....

Why the heck are we putting up with this garbage?
    If we only could do some massive protesting IN GAME, and e.g block the entrance to wompahs etc to show we are fed up, i would sure as dang go in front of such actions!
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

Thumbs up two additions for new patch

I have two issues that I think need some looking into for the next patch. I hope you guys at FC can check this out. I know a bunch of other people experiencing these same problems. Thanks!

"wait for your previous attack to complete"
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...p?threadid=913

"Manual reload sometimes works, sometimes doesn't..."
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=1270

Angry !?!?!?!?!

no agent changes?!?!?!?!

aaaaaaaaaaargh!
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Question My understanding of the 15 sec. rule.

From what i'm reading alot of people don't like this rule because they think that you can zone quickly, attack while still being invul.

Here is exactly what they said they are going to do:

Added 15 seconds of invulnerability when someone zones into a new playfield or district. This has been done to eliminate zone camping. Unless you attack someone first, you will be invulnerable to attack for the 15 second period.

The part I want to address is where it says, "Unless you attack someone first, you will be invulnerable to attack for the 15 second period."

Now to me this says when you zone you are invul for 15 seconds. But if you initiate an attack then you are no longer invulnerable. Meaning, one cannot in fact zone and try to kill things while invul. Am I assuming all this correctly?

What about soldiers?? what about us?? we are in the top classes that need help!

To Zierow

I readed the part alright where it says until you attack. What part you didnt understand? The one who initiates attack has upper hand in this game and not the one who responses.

Thats why some of us have issues with being able to attack and again this should be plain to see so I dont get it why you or FC dont see this again...

Example:

I have NT. My comp loads the zone within 9 seconds from zoning in. I now have 6 seconds to cast my Unstable Hadron String before you can do anything to me. The moment my nano hits you, you are free to retaliate.

I have Soldier, same example. I am free to hit you with my combos before you are free to take any action against me. In old PvP you would be dead by then

As said, in this game the one who attacks first has upper hand.

Zarch and bunch of other chars

108 agent
    79 NT
    59 Enf
    53 Eng
    42 Soldier
    7 MA
    5 Crat
    3 MP

Zierow, the point is that the person zoning into a PvP zone will get to attack first. He or she will get a free attack before anyone can do anything about it.

They will be moving the gridcamper away from the exit and into the grid. Then they just zone in, find a target, unleash specials for free and keep attacking. If you happen to be near a grid exit you'll be down to 50% health before you can defend yourself.

Imagine being neutral whenever you are near a grid exit.

I see the problem....

I understand now about zoning in and having first attack. But I guess in the long run people will learn to stay away from zoneing areas then eh?

Yeah, good idea, just stay away from the grid and whompa.

OOPS! HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET BACK OUT OF 2HOLES IF YOU CAN'T GET NEAR THE GRID OR WHOMPA ENTRANCE?

Guess none of you idiots thought of that.

Post Tststs

Starky babe, keep cool.

First of all, I am immune to flames, so don't even bother trying.

We are not more idiotic than you are - GOT IT?

Just to ask some simple questions and discuss some things:
    15 sec.
    Of course, it will/might enable the jump kill approach, but:
    To be affected by this you have to be within (close) range of the grid exit, right. Give it 5-10 seconds that it needs to load the initial part of the playfield that you can start moving, than you have an average of 5 seconds (estimated value) to find someone in range to attack. As I don't have any tab target/attack practice (neutral) I don't know which range this works for, and then you still have to get in combat range. I don't know if this is plenty of time, maybe, maybe not?
    So, next question: Who is mostly affected by the change. People that stay for a longer time (more than 5 seconds) witin the combat range to a grid terminal. My main question: Who does this? I would guess, people, that are forced to (terminals, shops, or whatever infrastructure might bind them), and ... - right
    And I want to ask the following: Do you know any possibility to see from the inside of the grid how many and who is outside. So it would be a rather random process, if at all. And, you could easily detect them. They collect inside the grid for certain terminals - no hiding any longer (Snipers are the scum of war).

So to my understanding, the advantages outtake the risks by far. And maybe these terminals are finally used what they are thought for - travelling.

What bothers me in a strategical view. It is really easy to establish beachheads right now, that are mostly invulnerable for a certain time.

So long,

Max(imilian)

P.S. Can't you use moderate language - it is a game you/we are talking about - a GAME.
    100% curious

15 seconds

Now, it's true that I'm just a low level newbie who's never been to 2HO, and I'm probably asking to be flamed here, but this '15 seconds of invulnerability' thing sounds really clumsy and inelegant. It's just the sort of artificial bandaid solution that usually results in a whole new way of griefing, more modifications, and everything getting rapidly out of hand.

The timer is to protect people who take a long time to load the zone, right? So, get yourself a powerful PC and a fast connection. Grid into the area. You should finish loading before the timer has run out, so target the nearest other player. Are they a gridcamper? No, if the place is busy there's a reasonable chance that they're just someone else who has just come out of the grid. Since they're already here, their 15 seconds is going to expire before yours does, and if their machine is slow, they might not be able to move yet. So, wait until you have, say, three seconds of invulnerability left, then unleash your Fling/Burst/FA alpha strike (120% damage if they're weak enough), and grid out. Easy kill, and nothing they can do about it. Repeat until bored.

Seriously, it sounds to me like the cause of this problem is the design of the environment. There's arguably nothing wrong with people who zone / grid into an enemy held area at a fixed location known to be covered by snipers getting killed before they can react: the problem is, as far as I can tell, that this is the only practical way into the zone. People have to go there to reach other zones and do missions: so why not place two grid exits there? One in an Omni-Tek area patrolled by Omni guards, and one in a neutral outpost patrolled by neutral guards, not unlike Broken Shores, in fact. Make sure that grid / whompa exits don't appear in viable PvP zones, and gridcamping will never be a problem...

15 secs is not enough

I'd make that at least 30 secs.
    Why?
    In bad lag I'm often "stuck" for way more than 15 secs. Others can already see me (and could possibly also attack) during this time though. So an extension to 30 secs would be very welcome.
    Also: equipment of a vehicle takes 30 secs. If I'm a roleplayer that has no interest in PvP, but still have to go through PvP zones to get to missions, I should be able to do so, 30 secs will give me that possibility.
    And something else: it should be made impossible that someone attacks, gets taken down and then zones to reheal. That's cowardish and lame. In UO it was coded that the aggressor (*not* the defendor) couldn't gate or recall, so maybe this could be implemented as well: no zoning for aggressors.

Hmmm...

Well I agree that grid campers are a pretty pathetic bunch. Putting grid exits in 25% zones is a mistake - period - at least at the current state the game is in. I've been killed before I even materialized. I'd be happy if, while in a grid area, attacking made the guards aggro the attacker. It would still be possible to fight, it would just be a little more interesting.
    Whenever I zone into a 25% area, I already have /terminate typed in. I may die, but no grid camping loser will never get a title from me. (unless of course I die before I materialize...)

Anglais

Nice to see Crats are finally getting some love.

Might actually see more in my groups now.

Question though:

Will their new 'aura' buffs also buff their pets (and other's pets?)

I can only speak for the engineer auras, but they give the bonus to any friendly characters nearby. This means that if you run into a town, everyone of your faction will get a 20 seconds (or so) buff when you get near them. Since your pet usually stays close to you, it will also get the buff.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Originally posted by MrTeatime
    Zierow, the point is that the person zoning into a PvP zone will get to attack first. He or she will get a free attack before anyone can do anything about it.

They will be moving the gridcamper away from the exit and into the grid. Then they just zone in, find a target, unleash specials for free and keep attacking. If you happen to be near a grid exit you'll be down to 50% health before you can defend yourself.

Imagine being neutral whenever you are near a grid exit.
    Hmm I don't see the point here. Neutrals cannot initiate an attack on omni or clan whats the difference here?

Originally posted by starknaked
    Yeah, good idea, just stay away from the grid and whompa.

OOPS! HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET BACK OUT OF 2HOLES IF YOU CAN'T GET NEAR THE GRID OR WHOMPA ENTRANCE?

Guess none of you idiots thought of that.
    Never been to 2ho but most other grid terminals are not really that close to the exit point.

My point wasn't that it removed the danger of being attacked by someone zoning in. It was if you stand there at the whompa, you give them the advantage. If you are going to use the whompa, then it would be rather a random encounter for them to zone in and start firing before you got to your destination exit. If someone decides to continually zone in and out of an area for the 15 seconds of invulnerability, well I would guess this would most likely be a person who was zone camping previously. I am guessing this might receive the same warning as a grid camper did previously. Abusing a game attribute to gain unfair advantage over others is cause for warning and bans.

Do you really expect that people would repeatedly zone for this advantage? I lock up or crash on zoning enough without doing it over and over and over.

I would agree that the ability to attack while invulnerable should be removed, but maybe you should try it before you decide you hate it.

Lastly do you really have to attack people because their opinion differs from yours? You seem a TAD upset over this change, will you lose something out of this change? Not everyone abuses game attributes just wondering why you think this one will be so abused that you get so worked up over it?

The difference is that you chose to be a neutral based on some moral decitions (or whatever you base your decitions on ). They are supposed to have such disadvantages.

It makes no sense to be more vurnerable just because you are near a grid point. If you would be able to decide for yourself if you want this or not, everything would be fine.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

The fate of PvP hangs in the balance...

Look, the problem with grid camping can be resolved by simply moving the 25% zones away from the grids. It has been suggested that there should be a more meaningful reason for PvP, other than just getting whatever benefits Clan and Omni get for killing each other. I wouldn't know, I'm neutral, and everyone tries to kill me for no good reason, all of the time.

I sam some ones post in this thread suggesting something that I've been suggesting for a while. If this game is supposed to be about a war between two factions, then why aren't there any defendable territories in the game. And, no, 2H0 doesn't qualify, because the grid is right in PvP central. There is no way to strategically take over that area, it is strictly numbers.

Funcom should rethink the design of the areas like 2H0 and MM, making them more like forts than simple battlefields.

The 25% zone should only be in and maybe about 200 meters around the actual "Fort" area. This should give teams the ability to mount up forces out side and develop a strategy for taking it over. If the possesing faction was ill prepared to handle the onslought, then they would be pulverized, but if they had things planned well, they could effectively defend their position, or even call out for reinforcements which would be required to make it through the opposition to get to the "base".

This presents a much more realistic and interesting view of PvP. I don't think it was ever intended to primarily consist of dueling between two individuals who want to see how they fare against one another. Heck it's 2001, we don't even duel now, do we actually believe that people will in 28,000 years? Probably not. Warfare will be based on groups of people as it is now, and when a group is involved in PvP, it's anyone's guess who'll win. Not like a soldier vs. a lone MP, or an agent v.s an enforcer. Gee, I wonder who'll win. Guess it depends on how over-equipped each of the players is.

It may also be helpful if there were some real resource in these "forts" which the occupying team could access, that the opposition could not, giving even more of an inccentive to try to take the fort. Maybe shops or a special mission that gives special items in the heart of the fort which is maintained in a 100 meter radius of 100% gas. Then opposing factions would have a real reason to try to maintain the fort. It may evn open up new levels of PvP combat and organizational strategies, like orchestrated watches by members of the occupying force!

So, 15 seconds, fine...Who cares, sure there'll be a few morrons who'll try to take advantage of this by gridding in and runnign around within the first fifteen seconds looking for someone to kill, but, if it floats their boat... I doubt it'll be half as bad as gridding in and getting zapped, cause someone tabbed you and was allowed to open fire.

Just do something to make PvP more interesting, like what I and atleast one other person is suggesting. Then, maybe, just maybe, more people will get involved in PvP, but as it stands, it is absolutely meaningless, which is why I think that a lot of people don't participate. People have to have a reason to risk PvP, and right now, the only reason is unrelated to PvP, missions. Heck, you could even have several "fort" locations to decentralize the conflict, and give groups choices for where they want to stage their attacks.

PvP is currently, too much like gang warfare, as apposed to millitary conflict. One gang hangs out where they know everyone will be passing by, and tries to kill everyone they can, until another gang "grids" in and slaughters them, giving rise to the exploits of a different gang. No strategy, just pure luck, and muscle. Turf wars!

I believe that Funcom has been extremely lazy in this area, and they should provide better PvP content for us lamers who continue to chuck out 13+ dollars a month for what seems to be a less and less enjoyable game.

Just my 2 cr

Yeshu-Level 89-Neutral-MP

May The Hand of Rubi-Ka be your guide...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast