Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: In Progress - Early 13.2 Build Notes

TANK MOBS

please fix the ultra-ac'd human-type mobs.

missions are impossible now.

this should be top priority as it affects every player who missions and gets a human type mob.

i have had 3 guild members say they would quit if this bug wasn't fixed.

i think they're right.

it's mind boggling how many times you can screw up and still not get it right...i thought people were supposed to learn from their mistakes...not find new and interesting ways to make the same mistake over and over again?

bye.

Originally posted by starknaked
    I have some serious concerns with the 15 second invulnerability period.

The invulnerability should be broken when the person moves. Otherwise, you'll have people with fast computers zoning in and out to keep themselves invulnerable and running around looking for a target. When they find the perfect target they'll attack, and the other player won't be able to attack back until they do.

As pointed out earlier, a person zoning into an area shouldn't have a huge advantage over those already in the area.

The solution to this is to have invulnerability break as soon as the person moves.

Actually the solution is don't stand near a zone entrance/exit. The problem is grid and whompa camping which the majority of people felt was lame. under the new rule i you stand near one you are giving the incoming player the advantage. Within a few seconds you should be able to get far enough away that you can no longer be targeted by an incoming player. Don't stand near that area waiting for someone to attack you. Not a hard tactic to figure out.

You seem to have a hard time with this change, from reading many of your previous PvP posts I would say this takes away any chance of you getting the first shot at folks who are unaware. Thus the tactic you have been using of waiting until the player moves after zoning is no longer valid. The advantage was taken away for the very reason you were using it. Find a new tactic as this one will no longer be a valid way for you to take the first shot.

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    "It is now possible to sit on chairs and sofas! No more tired feet for you!"

Sit on or sit in? I mean, can we actually sit down on the sofa or do we just sit crosslegged on top of it?
    I just got an update on this. Currently this addition is not part of the patch, and so will be removed from the patch message. However, it will still be implemented, only at a later date. So, sorry, you'll have to walk around on those feet for a little while longer (or dance them off! My choice of recreational activity). We'll definately let you know when it's patched in.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

ok cosmik, if you're going to pick a crap question like that out of the pile to answer then you could at least answer a valid concern

what is going on w/ docs and the hate list? what is FC's position on their latest blunder, are they going to fix it ANYTIME soon?

i'm reactivating my daoc acct today, and if i dont hear something by the day it's time to renew my ao acct, i'm canceling

unreal!

there are about 40 posts on this board just today concerning the ultra-armor on mobs that needs to be fixed and the one question that cosmic chooses to answer is about sitting on furnature?!?!

how about fixing the mobs so we can run missions?

history of missions:

1) missions are fine

2) missions are "fixed" by funcom, but actually break them causing missions to spawn 10000 miles away

3) broken missions are "fixed" again, but now instead of them spawning 10000 miles way. they spawn 10000 miles away and don't give rewards!

4) broken missions are "fixed" again, this time they are closer but you still don't get the reward.

5) broken missions are "fixed" again, so they are close and you get the reward...but the mobs are so G-D hard that it takes 3-4 hours to complete the mission if doable at all!

and you answer questions about sitting on furnature! bad cosmic!

Angry Engineer is the new fixer?

Seems to me I read somewhere that the fixer was the master of transportation. From what these patch notes say it looks like funcom has decided the engineer will take the place of the fixer. Guess I'll be starting up an engineer and ditching my fixer. Wish we could make up our minds as to what professions get what unique skills.

Hate to rain on a caster's already nerfed parade, but I have a couple questions about the 15 sec. and programs...nukes especially. We all know how nuking somebody doesn't initiate auto-attack. Here are my questions:

1. Will starting to cast a program break the invulnerability?

2. If the invulnerability doent break when starting a program, how about when it lands?

Basically, im wondering if only attacking with a weapon breaks the invulnerability, like only attacking with a weapon induces auto-attack.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

YA!!

"Fixed a bug that could cause items to disappear."

"Stret West Bank: Added a Whompa to Borealis and a ferry to Stret East Bank."

"Added some more vendors to the Last Ditch."

THANK GOD

Talking

I am all about the 15 sec thing... Greatstuff Grid campers suck big time

Being able to zone with Yalmahas intact... Great stuff. I hate taking 200 fall damage cause I didnt see a zone border until it was too late...

I still dont like the range cap... True, 200m is excessive... but, I think that NTs with hardware improvement (Range extenders) should be able to go past 40m... I think some number past 40m would be good. Nts rely on their range to attack.

As for mobs in missions being hard... I havea level 64 fixer that was my first char... He is retarded. A totally useless char, and he can run 50% difficulty missions. Ithink mobs and missions are as hard as they should be. I also think that monsters should heal each other as much as they want until they run out of nano... That mad it more real. I dont think that just because we are PCs that we should have a huge advantage over the NPCs... We should have to be clever and outthink them.

Flying NF

>Yalmahas and Quantum Wings should work properly after zoning.

You forgot "Parrot" ? (Adv's NF)
    or current setting is what you want ?

btw still team parrot has old setting (RS650).

People have forgotten something...

People who like the 15 seconds of invulnerability only for the person using the grid, have forgotten something very important; Griefers are constantly looking for ways to grief.

First, I have never grid or wompa camped. My PvP has always been in the open.

Lets say I have a high powered PC, a DSL connection, and I turn the graphics settings down. I should get a decent load time (most of the time anyway) when gridding. With this change, I can have up to 10 seconds where I cannot be attacked. Since the notes don't say anything about movement breaking the invulnerability, you would need to be more than a few seconds away from the grid to not get ganked if you are green to me and I come your direction hitting [TAB].

Yes it is a war zone, but I shouldn't get the right of first attack, even if you can see me, just because I gridded in. Keep in mind, you were there first. Establishing beach heads in war isn't easy (and thats basically what gridding in is, establishing yourself on foreign soil). Unless you are asleep, I shouldn't get to unleash the Alpha strikes just because I gridded.

Like I said before, the griefers will be the ones using the grid instead of camping it. Imagine 10 members of a griefer clan gridding into 2ho. Now they will wreak havoc, almost equal to what the campers were able to do.

The person zoning shouldn't be able to attack or be attacked for 15 seconds. That is the only way it will work. I get the impression from some of the posts, that people are looking for a little payback (even if someone else dishes it out) because you have been ganked trying to grid. Think about it some more, leaving behind the bitterness of getting ganked yourself. This is NOT a good solution. It is better than the way it is now (only slightly because at least now you will have control of your character when you get ganked), but the griefers will still look for ways to grief, and the door is being left open for them with this change.

Skara

15 seconds

nice addition

people who worry about these "grid griefers" are not thinking right.

If you do not camp the grid, you will not get "grid griefed" by a person who just gridded/wompa'd in. So why are you worrying about being killed by someone who's invulerable up to the moment they shoot? Because YOU are camping.... suck it.

therefore, the advantage goes to the gridder/wompaer... and away from the camper. This is what's intended!

I want to see a good Pvp map, 75% zones on both ends, and in between, a 25%. omni on one side, clan on the other. But since nobody would "fight fair", pvp (regardless of the game mechanics) is more often just online murdering.... just like in the real world, any idiot can go buy a bat/ gun and murder anyone else... the fun is in sparring, friendly competition. bah

/me cries

Coz Engs gets their Transport nano and we (fixers) get nothing.

Other than that nice to see a Bug Fix patch that takes care of so many bugs
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

I totaly agree on the doc hate list. Im a lvl 76 Enforcer and no matter how much aggro or mongo i use the mobs will only aggro me for 1 sec befor returning to slaughter my poor doc. That is so gay. I mean if an enforcer cant pull a mob off his doc then why did i waste 321 ip in 2 nano skills for mongo bash(dark blue nano skills at that) and 300 in physicology to use hi end aggro multipliers....it dont work when it counts and that pisses me off cause it makes me look like a ****ty tank who cant even pull mobs off his doc. Gay Gay Gay!

Question Hacked Grafts

about the grafts..

will FC also be fixing 'hacking' in 13.2 ?

I got a nice engineers AC boost graft, and I get no message what so ever when I try to hack it :/

L.

On the 15 second thing

What if the first action(nano or weapon) fired by the 15 second invulnerability person would be a dud or tracer type shot with no damage. This would alert the other player he has been targeted by a invulnerable player but now he has droped his shield. Dont allow special attacks to work until after the invulnerability has droped(because people would accidently use it then be mad).

If a nano is cast first while being invulnerable, dont drop the invulnerability until it hits the other player, but causing no damage/action. This would hopefully allow for the casting time to not effect the one who was invulnerable. I think this would give equal opportunity for both sides to fire at the same time. You would probably have to make the dud nano not use any mana. And this might lead to not being able to cast a nano on yourself while invulnerable, or doing so drops the shielding. But shouldnt that be the case anyhow, buff before you grid.

Just a thought

my 2 creds

on the 15 second thing, great!!! Now grid campers, see how you like it!!!

Enginneer teleport: I really perked up when this was removed from 13.0, asi though fixers were going to get it. But no. Now im angry. Very angry. Very very angry.

Good news for fixers is that we get our different grid looks!!!! wow, my life is complete.

Crats are getting a bit of a boost, so thats nice (or is that in the envisioned) but watch for the hidden nerfs

no progress on the indestructable mission mobs?

Question

I think for a future consideration, why not have an area around the zoning points that will zone whoever if they not moved out of the area within a certain time.

My other idea ishaving an area around zones that can't allow people to shoot whilst inside it and people outside the area can't shoot into it.

Both of these will probably have problems, and to be honest, dealing zone camping will be one of those things that will be on going.

EF.

Forget the 15 seconds nonsense ... My pet got buffed!!!!

Fear the Crat!

Angry fixer not wanted anymore?

"Engineer Changes:
    Engineers have received a Summon line of nanos. One will allow them to teleport any person in their team to the current location of the engineer. The other will allow them to teleport every person in their team to the current location of the engineer."

Well, this surely sounds like a fixer nano, rite?
    Funcom, for the last time, are you trying to kill the fixer profession? The way its seems now are you trying to remove this professions, and make people change to a new non-fixer character! Why? WHY??
    I LOVE MY FIXER? GIMME SOMETHING!

And dont give us som crappy "summon grass nano" or "summon lightbulb" or other useless summoning nano, otherwise will the fixers summon ANGER upon you!
    IT'S ENOUGH NOW, FUNCOM!
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast