Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: In Progress - Early 13.2 Build Notes

In Progress - Early 13.2 Build Notes

Discuss the In Progress changes found here, which include the early 13.2 build notes.

Savant

"Added 15 seconds of invulnerability when someone zones into a playfield, to help eliminate zone camping. Unless you attack someone first, you will be invulnerable to attack for the 15 second period."

Does this involve zoning from a shop into a playfield?

This is going to create SO many bad things. I mean, I can rush up to an NT, totally protected, and just unleash hell before she/he can do anything. Some professions rely on distance.

Remove the ability to attack someone, because that is just silly. Giving the victim an advantage in an ambush just screws things up.

"It is now possible to sit on chairs and sofas! No more tired feet for you!"

Sit on or sit in? I mean, can we actually sit down on the sofa or do we just sit crosslegged on top of it?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

hehe nice

I like the 15 sec thing, this means now that planes work properly after zoning you can fly into a whompa and prolly be out of range before the 15 sec wears off!

Nice change really, will take combat away from zones a bit.

Speaking of chat floods

speaking of Chat flood "you countered the nano program..." there is another one you may want to look into, in the grid's When u are about to zone to an area even if u meet the skill requirements u will get flooded with " You comp. lit need to be at least XX" and then you zone.

/org

i noticed you don't plan on fixing /org commands.

is this because you didnt' know it was the bug, don't know how to fix it, or just decided to ignore it?

pick an answer...there is only one.

Read the last line of the update.

The list of changes has not been completed yet.

What do you mean with "It is now possible to sit on chairs and sofas! No more tired feet for you!"? You implemented /sit or just removed that hovering in the air on some sofas?

Sounds good to me

WGMelchior's objection is rather silly. He's complaining that a bunch of lame grid, whompas, and store campers might be in too much danger? Your breaking my heart. If they don't want to have to deal with the 15 second rule, then stay at least 15 seconds out of range from these areas.

It's about time that PvP is more than just grief players camping grids, whompas, and store entrances doing one hit kills.

Yea let them attack if they zone. Penilizing people for grid/whompa campers is not the right thing to do.

By allowing them to attack, it will convice lame grid campers to back off some distance and stop camping.

Red face Waiting for word on missions

I am curious about one major thing that seems to need some addressing. I know the list isn't complete, so maybe this is something yet to be added. Since the 13.0 patch missions are not paying out. Meaning when you complete a mission no reward credits, no reward items, no reward experience, and no reward tokens are givin. I have talked to nurmerous people in game who complain about this smae problem. This seems like a <b>MAJOR</b> problem. Is this going to be addressed in the new patch? If not shouldn't it be something added soon, like in a matter of days (maybe a tiny patch). This thing is huge and is totally killing game playability.

IndyCC

Missions

The missions seem to be working fine since yesterdays patch. I did 4 Item pickup missions all rewarded me fine. Did 1 Assasination mission, got the reward and even a Token. Dont know about the other missions but Item pickup and Assasinations work fine.

That wasn't how I meant. I just pointed out the fact that I don't think that you should be able to attack while invurnerable. Just get rid of the attack rule, and leave the timer there.

This still enables people to get to 'safety' or orient themselves or whatever. I see no reason to turn the teleshock, which should be a disadvantage in itself, into an advantage.

I mean, is there ANY disadvantage at all in this system?

And will the timer start when you exit the gridpoint or when you finish loading enough to actually move?
    *poof*

When are the rest of the notes going to be added?

What kind of tradeskill changes will we see? The new shops?
    *poof*

Angry Team Chat Color ! ! ! ! !

Someone really dropped the ball on this one! Why on earth is the color for team chat and of tells the same now? This causes all sorts of confusion! Please, please, please put team chat back to that ugly green color, or at least make it a unqiue color which is not the same as tell.

This seems like a minor issue, but believe me, these little details are what sometimes makes this game a major pain to play.

Please hear my pleas!!!!!

- Szentisha

Please do something about the cash reward on missions. Making missions closer to the mission terminal only reduced this.

Add the distance slider everyone's been asking for since day one. This is incredibly boring having to raise 160k for a nano getting 10-15k per mission when before I would get 20-25k

Also please do another revamp on tradeskills. I can only vouch for nanos since I don't use any weapons so - I know you don't want all nanos to be available to you right in the store, but I have to doubt the way you've gone about this. Making nanos is not a viable way to get them across the game. What's the point of having a nano line if you only end up finding like 1 in every 3-4? Please make the materials more readily available.

Someone really dropped the ball on this one! Why on earth is the color for team chat and of tells the same now? This causes all sorts of confusion! Please, please, please put team chat back to that ugly green color, or at least make it a unqiue color which is not the same as tell.
    /me signs petition.

What the heck were they thinking? Seriously! I'm thinking some serious crack rock action was happening.

I have some serious concerns with the 15 second invulnerability period.

The invulnerability should be broken when the person moves. Otherwise, you'll have people with fast computers zoning in and out to keep themselves invulnerable and running around looking for a target. When they find the perfect target they'll attack, and the other player won't be able to attack back until they do.

As pointed out earlier, a person zoning into an area shouldn't have a huge advantage over those already in the area.

The solution to this is to have invulnerability break as soon as the person moves.

Wow, does this mean that it would be really stupid just to hang out by the grid? So if you don't want to get attacked by someone gridding in, you should stay away from the grid entry point. I think this does stop "Grid Camping".

Great on unequipping weapons ... major pain in the butt. Great on fixing planes, ditto.

The things not on the list are disappointing and normally I'd just shrug and wait to see what emerges but:

Fix /org commands ... AGAIN

Stop diddling with the minor stuff like chat colors.

DOCTOR position on MOB hate list .... adjust this before half the docs on Rubi Ka retire. Yes there are workarounds and team tactics that can be effective but grouping is tedious enough. Yes there are combat docs, yes there are docs with enough testosterone to single-handedly conquer Rubi Ka. But many docs have developed their characters as an alternative to fighter-killers. A passive support doc is a viable way for someone to play who does no enjoy slapping stuff upside the head. You changed the groundrules too late in the game.

Loosen up range all the way around. I don't play an NT but I'm watching their frustration go zooming. Another class feeling nerfed we do NOT need.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast