Thread: Clanners run amok in Newland City!

Angry Clanners run amok in Newland City!

(RK2)

Last night Newland City and its residents was the victim of a brutal and murderous assault by crazed clanners belonging to the Dust Brigade. I saw it at all first hand - in fact, I got shot while going about my own business in my own home town! While conducting a bit of personal banking business near the Newland prison, a group of armored thugs suddenly arrived on the scene. Right away, they began yelling "Dust to Dust!" pulled out weapons and began firing blindly at every(neutral)one in the area and shooting up apartments and businesses.

They junked my robot!

It was only with great effort, and considerable loss of life, that the killers were stopped. This would be bad enough, but there is a further twist. You see, I had just returned to Newland from Athens - VIA RECLAIM. How did this happen? I had been visiting West Athens on some business for an associate, and upon conclusion of that business, I re-entered Athens and began to make my way to the whompa to return home. I hadn't made it more than 10 meters inside the city gates when a clan thug and - if you can believe this - a clan DOCTOR pull out their weapons and start shooting at me. I start to defend myself, as is my *right*, and set my robot on them, when all of the sudden, the "elite" clanner guards, who are supposed to be keeping the peace but just casually watched the unprovoked attack on my person, take aim at me the moment it looks like I am going to fend off my assailants. Next thing you know, I am laying dazed and stunned near the Reclaim terminal in Newland. And then the clans bring their violence to our own city.

It always seemed to me that the clanners were rather lawless and chaotic but this... this is unprecedented! It is clear just who is the menace to good order and peaceful life on Rubi-Ka - the clans! I can no longer stay neutral in this - the clans MUST be brought to heel.

I sent in my application to join Omni-Tek today.

(/OOC actually, in a few levels when I can grid to Omni )
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

err how can clanners be shooting people in a 100% zone?
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

OOC

It happened. I was there - other witness/participants said "scripted event." I assume it's tied up with the end of amnesty. I got ganked by "Masked Commando" while waiting at the Reclaim terminal next to the prison.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Taldrin...

You do realise places have 75% zones now.

http://cloudeh.50megs.com/dust.jpg

I was referring to Newland city, last I checked it was 100% gas...
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

when was last?
    2 days ago omni was 100 now its 75% :P

I checked just now (5 seconds ago) Newland is indeed 100%.

edit: Just went back and saw a bunch of clanners kill a Dust Brigader.
    Last edited by MikeWeather; Feb 8th, 2002 at 03:01:07.