Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Envisioned - Bureaucrat Changes

Can anybody find any mention of Paperwork skills anywhere in 'In Progress' or 'Envisioned'? Not there anymore as far as I can tell.

Not that this bothers me in that I'd rather have improvements more in line with my vision of the Bureacrat. The sleazy manipulator of events. The man behind the curtain. The old gun who hires the young guns to do nasty jobs.

The man who concocted the plan to inject the Soviet goaltender with a muscle relaxant during the '80 winter Olympics.

This is My Bureacrat. A cog in an organization that gets things done by hook or by crook. He's the Smoking Man from the X-files. Even Fox Mulder and Dana Scully worked for a Bureau (F 'B' I). My Bureaucrat is their boss. They are the Agents and I'm past all that having moved up the Bureacracy. They'll get there eventually.

Sure they chatted as they filled out their reports after a mission. BUT, the missions were not about the stupid reports. My Bureacrat is sleazy. He's powerful. He screws with your head then puts a bullet in your brain. He's underhanded. He's a manipulator. He has high-level official contacts. He's a small but powerful part of a large bureacracy affecting the goings on of Rubi'Ka in ways most citizens aren't even aware of.

He's NOT some Tax Collector or DMV worker hanging out at the coffee machine pens properly housed in pocket protector trying to cop a view of some solitus secretary's implants.

Sure the 'crat needs work. He needs tradeskills as much as any other profession to eaze the god awful boredom of having to kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, over and over and over to get any progression in the game. But, the tradeskill should not be filling out form X73 for requisition of office item zed. It should be constructing missions interesting enough for players to want to complete and sharing a bit of the experience.

The Bureacrat should be enjoying a stiff drink at Heads and Tails with lots of fragrant warmth in proximity when suddently 23k exp pops up in his chat and he secretly smiles knowing some young Agent or Mercenary has erased another target.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Feb 28th, 2002 at 18:28:51.

Bump day 2
    Persoue agent 205

Oh you just bumped it, no need for me to do it again then I guess.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

But what kind of spam guru would you be if you didn't bump it anyway?
    Please fill out form XJ379 and get back to me.
    *angry mob sits and fills out form*
    3 hours later, the battle begins.

Timothy "Rentwick" Cummington- Bureaucrat

Talking

I dont want to bump this, but it just happens when i post here.. sorry
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Bump Day 3
    Persoue agent 205

Megabio
    Bumpity
    ~Chris

PS: It's silke who did it.

Bump day 4
    Persoue agent 205

Bump day 5 ... with a little reminder

/me ask Funcom to put off the /ignore Bureaucrats

/whine on
    /complain on

OK Funcom Crat community is bored now. Many of us have really good ideas to improve/fix bureaucrat ( or make the class more enjoyable/wanted ) but we didn't get ANY word since months !

So WE would like to FINALLY get an answer about those points :

- What's up about Envisioned paperwork tradeskill ?

- What's up about Envisioned suitcase ?

- What's up about Envisioned XP reducing nano ?

- What the point to use this stupid new gun : Igelkott 882 Automatic ? Ranged energy is one of the darkest blue skill and we can just stay with a pair of low QL old english trading co's to get almost as much INT bonus than the QL200 version of this trash ...

- What the point to make the respawn time of the lab director in LRD on 4h ?! It's only damn boring ( and EQ style ) and as the form isn't no drop, we re seeing lowbie Crats wear the coat when some of us 80+ are still camping and waiting for our lucky star... 4 hours of respawn + 1/4 to get the correct drop + Take in count the fact that a high lvl farmer group can easilly outdamage your = TOO MUCH !

- What's up about our motivational / demotivational speeches that make us the preferred mob's targets ?

- Why will we pay and waiste IP to use this completly screwed nano-regen "spell" ?

Pease crats add the points that i've forgot and let bump this post until we get a decent official answer. We deserve nothing except RESPECT.
    Persoue agent 205

TLR Lab Director can also be found in Lower Guk.
    I could tour you there if only I could get back my acount and my Necro.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

haaa damn i was camping the disco room in sebilis, my bad ...
    Persoue agent 205

Hidden Bump

Originally posted by Nemocrat
    Please crats add the points that i've forgot and let bump this post until we get a decent official answer. We deserve nothing except RESPECT.
    Here is my vision of the things that need to be fixed (posted in Bureaucrat sticky thread after the bureaucrat convention)

Originally posted by Amanite
    The bureaucrat convention was once again a good opportunity to discuss the "half-fixed" feeling some of us have.

I think that the majority of the bureaucrats agree on the real problems we are facing.
    (those posted by Kithrak coming from the bureaucrat convention)

- Psychic Checks

- Speech Nanos

- Xp loss reduction nanos and briefcases

- Paperwork tradeskill

These problems should be fixed first as they are limits to our main abilities.

but keep in mind:

- a real use for psychology

- Economy of the crat ( could be fixed by tradeskills)

- Timers on our charmed pets! (Like our droid )

- Something to show a mob is charmed (rename - don't let it be tabbed anymore during the charm - special effect?)

- different looks for our droid

- Useless Nano crystals (Red tape - NAno regen - ..)

- more droid heals maybe (was proposed in this thread)

What I read on forums and don't consider to be issues:

- Timer on our droid (I think it is part of the bureaucrat profession, even if I don't really see the RP aspect of it)

- Hp for the crat (I don't think we should have more HP.. a crat life is difficult with dark blue body dev.. choosing the bureaucrat profession should stay hard, because we then have to use our crowd control abilities)
    This was indeed an hidden bump

Amanite

I'm just frightened because eventually our briefcase will be a No Drop found in Veeshan's Peak. Bah, you'll just go kill the 7th Dragon after server patch when he has spawned again.

lol

Day 6...
    Persoue agent 205

...zzzz...
    day 7
    ...zzzz...Zzz...
    Persoue agent 205

*checks the thread and accidently bumps it*
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

Originally posted by Meister
    *checks the thread and accidently bumps it*
    Oups. Same problem here.

You know.. we do too much stuff accidently *oops*
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

I propose that we have a meeting to adress these incidents ASAP.

What do you mean this thread isn't for that free Yalmaha?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast