Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Envisioned - Bureaucrat Changes

Well... there is this old legend that says that will come a MMORPG where you found blue rocks softly shining and where the mythical Dev Team will appear and ask for cookie. And when cookies will be given then the Dev Team will become social and talk to the customers and gamers about their game, sharing ideas and insights, living happily everafter.

Bah, Cosmik is eating all the cookies.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Charles

We as a bureaucrat community have been very patient and forgiving. Before the improvements to our charms and pets that you see today bureaucrats were on the verge of extinction. Our profession has been improved greatly since then but we are not anywhere near as "balanced" as the other fixed professions. Our envisioned paperwork tradeskill has dissappeared from the list and our XP loss reduction nanos are nowhere in sight.

Right now the psychic checks are broken and unreasonable. There are gapeing gaps caused by the psychic checks where the old nano is no longer effective against even con monsters and the next nano is still unusable at that level.

There have been a strong showing of bureaucrats at the last two bureaucrat conventions recommending that something be done to rebalance the psychic checks. We have offered reasonable suggestions and alternatives to remedy the problem. There have been no responses.

We have suggested that a percentage of our psychology skill be used as a way to increase the psychic checks. There were suggestions for our psychic checks to be rebalanced in a team environment to better reflect the diffculty of the monsters being faught. There have been no responses.

Now when there is an indirect response they are reaffirming that nothing will be done to remedy the psychic checks that are in need of rebalancing?

The bureaucrat profession has been underpowered in pvp due to having several of our nanolines such as mez, fear and charms having no effect on other players. Our charms and fears are still unbalanced by having the psychic checks leave us too advanced to use the old version and not able to use the next.

-------------------------------------------------
    Proof of this can be seen in our extremely broken fear nanoline. Prey on Fear(Ql 57), Sneaking Terror (Ql 70) and Crush Bravery (Ql 90). These three nanos have psychic checks of 163, 140 and, 201 respectively. The ql 70 Sneaking Terror auctually is a downgrade from the Ql 57 Prey on Fear.
    Another situation that shows that the psychic checks are in need of rebalancing is the current situation I am experiencing. I am currently a level 112 Bureaucrat and is able to use Captivated Thoughts (Ql 109 Stable Charm, Psychic Check: 243). I am unable to use it on missions at my level because of the psychic checks.

At the same time I am unable to use Siren Call (Ql123 Unstable Charm, Psychic Check: 265) or Allure of Servitude (Ql136 Stable Charm, Psychic Check: 287). The psychic checks left me at a "gap" where my old stable charm is no longer functional at the next stable charm is completely out of my reach.

The unstable charm is a tradeoff with risk vs the chance to have an extra charmed monster. I thought this was supposed to give us a choice and not be forced to use an unstable charm which I am unable to use for another 11 levels because the next stable charm is still more than 24 levels off.

My patience is being strained with each passing patch by the lack of concern for these glareing problems that are not acknowledged. The 14.2 patch is also hinting at not only ignoreing the problems but strike another blow at it by imposeing yet more restrictions.

To anyone working for Funcom that may be reading I ask you this.
    Will my efforts to bring attention to this imbalance to the bureaucrat profession go unanswered?
    I'm posting my thread elsewhere in hopes that it will be read by someone

And the origional thread.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=16016
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

To quote that popular 50's song:

"dreeeeaaaam ooooonn...... dream dream away..."
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112