Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant chat?

Angry Cant chat?

<..................> <-the sound of my characters saying absolutely zilch. I have just patched and when I press enter the chat interface opens up as normal, but then I cant type anything in. And of course this happens just before I see some of the best deals I could wish for in the shopping channel <..............> <- sound of my char jumping up and down mouth moving in furious silent, impotent curses. Is anyone else resorting to pen and paper or is it just me?

And yes I tried the japanese CTRL+I to see if that mad a diff, no luck
    My chars:

EasyG
    Mayharm
    Tawno

And I still play nethack

I am also having this problem - as I am a pet user, this means that I effectively cannot play (no pet commands). Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thumbs down Me too

I have the exact same problem, and have written FUNCOM support...Haven't heard back yet. I was hoping people on the board would react a little faster than the Norway guys, but it must not be that common a problem....At least I can play on one of the two machines that I have the game installed on, so I think it has something to do with the older machine (3.5 years old Win 95 300 mhz and GeForce 2 MX) that I am using at one location. The game, otherwise, plays flawlessly (except for the crummy lag at times). I wonder whether the font that they are using changed with the patch, and is not recognized by older machines? Well we will see...

yeah sounds about right, my PC is an old Win95 install.
    My chars:

EasyG
    Mayharm
    Tawno

And I still play nethack

Unhappy

Yup so is mine.
    Might have been nice if they had mentioned this in the patch notes -

"People running the game under win95 will no longer be able to issue any commands or chat in any way"

I have had the same problem. My Guild President /petitioned for me ingame and he said that the GM said it is due to win95. The ingame chat client is based on Java. Win95 has old java stuff. I was told to upgrade. I downloaded somthing off of microsoft.com and i dont know yet if it works cause im at school at the moment. also they may have fixed this in the 13.7 patch hopefully.
    Riotox Solitus Martial Artist
    Riotx Solitus Soldier
    Proud member of Lifeless Immortallity

Killin is my buisness ladies, and buisness is good -- Major Payne

oh well...

Guess I'll just have to install AO on my W2K partition then I hate changing/swapping OS's (die bill gates die... ).
    My chars:

EasyG
    Mayharm
    Tawno

And I still play nethack

Re: oh well...

Originally posted by tawno
    Guess I'll just have to install AO on my W2K partition then I hate changing/swapping OS's (die bill gates die... ).
    LOL Here Here!

help me please!

ok the file i downloaded was not the right one obviously scince i still cant chat.. CZ can u or anyone for that matter tell me what i need to download in order to chat? it is far to difficult to play this game without chat i have to jump around like a friggin mime...
    Riotx Solitus Soldier

I hope you aware of this problem.............

For two days my firend cant chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it to hard to fix it workde fine before or find a solution how to make it work?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

PLEASE FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love ya Funcom but i hate you sometimes.

Sorry just have to say this...
    bwahahahaha nonny nonny poo poo I have windows 2000...
    ok now that THAT is out of me system....
    dont buy WindowsXP...
    its evil and 2000 is better

Oh yeah and one o me friends has to email me becuase they cant chat

Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Ok everyone, FC emailed me and told me they have the devs working on a solution now. as soon as they email me the solution ill post what to do!
    Riotx Solitus Soldier

Question We're They able to replicate the problem?

I've gone through windowsUpdate.microsoft.com as instructed and updated my video drivers , and used zbuffer as requested, and I still have the problem. I suppose updating things was a good idea even if it didn't solve the problem, but I was wondering whether you could post the text of the letter, if you wouldn't mind...

Thanks.

Talking

Smasha - I have to disagree. At first I didn't like XP purely cos AO was crap on it, now it works great and is (almost) stable. Win2K was never meant for games, and the performance shows! XP isn't as fast as Me for some games (no flames please!) but at least its stable.

This aint an invitation for a flame war, just my point of view
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

fc is no longer answering emails on this subject

its been two weeks now scince ive been unable to chat. i havnt heard from fc scince thursday of last week. ive emailed them several times. i even started a new complaint to them last night and still no answer. my assumption is that there will not be a fix for this. i love this game but its just gotten to difficult. ive tried being a "mime" not being able to chat. i cant even trade with credits cause i cant type in the credits. i found a ql 103 nova for 150k and couldnt buy the damn thing. this is really pissin me off. they should at least send us mail saying that it wont be fixed so we can cancel our accounts. if not fixed by around the 15th of march im canceling and going to DAOC, its the only mmorpg ive yet to play.
    Riotx Solitus Soldier

Riot - I see ya point, but DAoC really aint what its cracked up to be. I got it (instead of trialiny it.. DOH!) and I don't ike it at all. AO is much better all round, with or without bugs.

Try downloading the MSVM from Microsoft, and the Sun Java machine as well just in case. Also make sure you install sockets 2.0, which is included on the CD I believe. Saying that Win95 is incompatible is utter crap. The driver model allows you to update almost any aspect of the OS.

Let us know how you get on. A working fix would be great.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

same problem but not win 95

I have win 98 and had the same problem this morning before the patch, however it actually fixed itself =)

veldrinvelve
    Well dowloaded the client the other day and did the 7 day free trial to check out the game... but could not get past the character creation process.

Seems that a recent patch made it so that people who still use Win95 can't type in game... oh well there goes my 7 day trial.

veld email FC about your 7 day trial, tell them to email you once the chat bug is fixed and when it is they will probobly give u another 7 day trial. (probobly)
    Riotx Solitus Soldier

on the patch forum it talks about a chat fix

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=14213
    is this going to fix our problem?
    Riotx Solitus Soldier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast