Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Character and organization info on the community site

Well ARGs info is completely outdated....wonder if it ever will be the right info...since we have restarted like 5times

Maybe an ACTIVE/CANCELLED field could be implemented, so that you know if a player is playing.

And please show a membership count for the guilds, and sort the members by rank, one name on one row. Just a pile of names isn't neat.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

uhm

I dont think the lists are in order of creation date....in our guild we have characters that i believe were created early who are AFTER many who have been created very very recently. I dont know if there's any real order....I could be wrong tho...waiting for a char i created only days ago to pop up to find out for sure....
    Last edited by Slivicon; Nov 24th, 2001 at 07:55:03.
    Slivicon
    Atrox Soldier RK1
    Squad Commander
    Omni-InterOps
    "You can't just talk to people anymore. You have to hit them in the head with a sledge hammer. Then you'll see that you have their strict attention." -Kevin Spacey in Seven

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    Maybe an ACTIVE/CANCELLED field could be implemented, so that you know if a player is playing....
    What would be easier still, and even more helpful, would be to show the last date on which the character was played -- if not on the group lists, then certainly on the character profiles.

Thumbs up Agents affiliation?

OK, this is not exactly on the topic, but partially anyway...
    So here goes:

Isn´t there any way to hide your affiliation as an agent, both in game as well as on the community info site...?
    As an agent would like to 'infiltrate' into the opposite or neutral affiliations.
    Afterall, that's what agents do, right?

This could open up new possibilities like infiltrating organizations and retreave info from them (for the cause of it, or to highest bidder)

Ofc, that might be unrealistic dreaming from my side...?

Anyway, I like the database, as long as it is possible to toggle what info you want to show!

/Morden

What do YOU want?

Very cool. I finally got to see the punk that took my name. *growls*

Thumbs up I love it!

I heard that UO had this, but I have never seen anything like this. I think it's a cool idea.

I'm all for going forward with it and adding new options. Maybe a personal bio (that you can change by logging in with your AO account).

I would like to see some other info like your stats, maps loaded, map upgrades, how many kills in pvp, etc.

Of course, make it manageable with secure user loging, in case you don't want to show your stats, etc.

I like the idea of tying in real user accounts with the Funcom sites, it allows tighter integration for the community (these boards are example of that).

Well done.

PS. It needs to update a little faster than 24 hours, maybe 12 hours.

A great addition. I will echo others in that I would love for it to be searchable someday. So I could pull up all the clans with 50+ members, for instance, or all the Omni crats of level 25+ or somesuch. But so far, so good!

Scorus

Personal Bio

Yes, this is a great addition, I don't think any hiding should be done on players but maybe on orgs, and you should allow players to write a background to go in there.

The easy way is to add some command like orgs have to type in a brief description of there guild and its goals, this one would be for the characters history.
    So in game at any time I might type / history or /story or /background and then type my little background story in there and people could then see it here on the site when they look me up.

And I agree that it does seem strange that the enemy can get tons of info on you, I would feel just fine if all I saw was [OMNI] , as that is ALL I would need to know :P

Nanokiss

http://www.anarchyonline.com/charact.../name/nanokiss
    If you are Failing to Plan,

You are Planning to Fail.

I personally like having the Org details and members show. And hope they don't decide to hide any of it. Its proved an invaluable resource lately as I've been able to research new applicants to our guild and check up on who their referances are.

Also diplomacy is a key concern to the story of the game and its nice to get a guage on the size of friends and enemies.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Cool

There should be a daily updated XML file for every guild, including the Char-Details for all Members. It should be open to the public, so that Guilds can use it for their websites.

This would be a good way of keeping Guild-Member-Lists always up-to-date.
    Ken "Stokeley" Capo - Account Created: 2001-06-28 18:39:03

Men should be judged, not by their tint of skin,
    The Gods they serve, the Vintage that they drink,
    Nor by the way they fight, or love, or sin,
    But by the quality of thought they think.

Question Head shots

Why not go all out and let players strike a pose in their armor, etc? Could create photo booths and stick them in various locations around RK

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

agrees whith all above...

Background info, and story, would be terrific!

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Father Chagidiel says:
    Background info, and story, would be terrific!

Already working on that Father... *cough* *grins mischievously*

Tappert
    RP Central
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

I just noticed that all the guild member information both on a guild look up and a player look up has been removed.

Funcom care to comment on what they are planing to do to this resource that many found so useful?
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Links gone bad ?

Checked out the character/organization info page...I think it was a great idea..I mean HEY Im out there looking wierd as ever..great..

but

there are several links that give me this:

Site Error
    An error was encountered while publishing this resource.

exceptions.KeyError

Sorry, a site error occurred.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troubleshooting Suggestions

The URL may be incorrect.
    The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
    For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

Alot of links led to that message,,

Anothre thing..several org. links dont haveany info on them.is that because the org. leaders are lazy or has something gone wrong..?

Post 'People of Rubi-Ka'

Greetings,

I find the character listing to be very interesting. It can come in handy at times (when creating a new character, is your name taken? and so on), and I would look very much forwards toward a possibility of editing the pages. A self-written biography for those interested in doing so could do much to promote player-side roleplay; Just where is this person coming from? What Past shapes his Present, and how will this impact his Future?

I also think this might be simple to implement; just as the /org commands function, a /personal system with, perhaps, entries for biography, or other fitting fields. Why not, if the database can handle it?

Thank you, for many things,

-Lord Hayjyin

Knights of Avalon

char & org info on community site

I have looked at this feature and it seems pretty cool so far.
    I would also like to see a few things added:

I would like to be able to search in the following ways:

-by character (in-game name) *already enabled
    -by gender
    -by side (omni/neutral/clan)
    -by level (so you can find other people to team with)
    -by profession (for those seeking a Doc, or an Enf, etc)

For organizations, I'd like to see:

-cost/dues needed (may influence someones decision to join)
    -contact name (in case you want to join or need more info)
    -list of what benefits the organization offers
    (like those stat boosts that the organizations can buy for all of their members to take advantage of)

For individual characters, I'd also like to see :

-armor/clothing currently worn
    -type of weapons(or item) character is currently using (if applicable)
    These two suggestions should be available for ANYONE to view,
    since, if you were online, someone would visibly see which armor/clothing a character is wearing and whether they have a sword, a pillow, or a beer can in their hand. This could be as simple as displaying the little icon/images of the item(s) similar to that which we see in the stores. I do NOT think that you should get anything other than a graphical image of the item, since you would not have info to this information if you were only viewing the character in the game and pressing [T] for thier info.

I'd like to have secure access (via password or something) to my own characters personal items:

-weapons I am currently using (QL/requirements, etc)
    -armor I am currently wearing (QL/requirements, etc)
    -implants I am currently wearing (QL/requirements, etc)
    -items in my inventory (QL/requirements, etc)
    -nanoprograms which are uploaded (QL/NCU cost, etc)
    -maps and map reader upgrades which are uploaded
    -PVP kills/title (if applicable)
    -IP points available to spend (if any)
    -What my current stats are (how much STR,CompLit,etc)
    -bank account inventory* (what items-QL,requirements,etc- are in my bank account)
    *Hey, if I can see my statement book showing what I have in my RL bank account, and I can get a statement showing what is in my Safety Deposit Box , why can't I do it 30,000 years in the future?

Above should be only accessable by the "owner" of the player,
    but should be accessible even when NOT playing AO. Disable Modification of above info if not LOGGED IN AND PLAYING THE CHARACTER, Enable Viewing only, so we can plan ahead how we are going to:
    -use our possessions
    -write scripts for items we want to sell in the shopping channels
    -plan future IP use (mentioned by another (?) in an earlier post)
    -research online/in forums (which most of us don't use while actually playing)

I would also like to have a short text-only* area where we can write whatever we want. That way, players can:
    -leave it blank, if they don't want to disclose any info
    -post stats, PVP status, character history, items for sale
    -post declarations of superiority, quotes, etc.

I think, if you leave this area a decent size (for char histories and whatever), you can cover most of the players requests, and you won't discourage players who don't want to use this feature, as it will be optional.

*Although I personally enjoy posting my personal banner graphics onto things like this, to avoid all the potential problems which may arise from this, you may want to only allow text
    (a-z, 0-9, and regular characters).

My guess would be that the players would rather Funcom spend it's efforts fixing real issues (whatever they may be at the time), than creating a new feature like this and then having to waste time fixing any problems related to it.

I think if you created a simple text imput box - at first, then come back and add more as time/effort, allows, many would approve of this sort of "slow/constant" way of adding new options.

Even text boxes have their own problems
    ...never enough space for some people
    ...some people will want Markup language allowed
    ...graphics & hyperlinks (to inappropriate sites)
    ...inappropriate language to deal with
    The above would require Funcom to delegate someone to either monitor the text being imputed, or to deal with the issues that arise. Delegated personnel = more cost (both $ & time) which could be better devoted to fixing the other "issues" in the game...[not even going to go here..]

These are probably some of the reasons that Funcom hasn't already impletmented text imput as a feature here.

Well, it's something to think about, anyway.
    «¤ W¥RM ¤»

Smile profiles

what you have is quite good but i would like to see some org rankings. I link to this page from our guild web page and would like to see the rankings there so i can see what rank the guild leader and recruiters have given members while i was offline so i can update our rankings page on our website.

im gonna kill....

who is that little git who took my name?
    its been taken since july, and shes a lvl 1.
    damn placeholder character.
    im coming for you whiterabbit.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast